Sunday, January 18, 2009

Well the Holiday Seasons have come and gone, and it is back to the normal routine of life.

The kids are back in school and doing well, with the quarter ending, we hope to see all 5 of them with A's and B's. (Always better grades than their father).

I am still working my new shift but taking in as much O.T. as possible which is usually a graveyard shift. Janae says things are getting a little busier at work now that people need teeth pulled after eating all their holiday candy.

Kacie is starting to apply to a couple of different colleges around the state soon she has to make a decision on where she will be going (hopefully BYU).

Tiffany and Alex are getting ready to take drivers ed. and get their permits. (There goes my car insurance rates, AHAHAHAHAHA)

Parker participated in the School Science Fair and was one of 8 finalist to continue on to the district where he'll go up against other schools in the district, (like I said much smarter than his father).

Payton is still doing well in school, and did I mention she is playing the violin and took part in a school concert where she was the best one there (I'm a little bias though).

Tuesday we look forward to going through the Draper Temple Open House. This will be a new experience for some of the kids. Parker especially is looking forward to it.

Sadly Aunt Betty passed away on Christmas morning. She fell asleep in her favorite chair and peacefully went home to her Father in Heaven. I am so glad I had the opportunity to sit down with her and talk about her early days at Disney Studios. Something new I learned about her that I thought was really neat was that Walt Disney asked her to check out computers in the 50's/60's to see how they would work in the animation business. However, back then they were so new that they didn't do the work needed. However, it is kind of neat to think that today companies like Pixar got thier idea from Aunt Betty (well not really but I like to think so).

1 comment:

Richel said...

look at you with a blog. Awesome. Good job.